Build great technology that actually matters.
We are looking for a Content Writer who will engage and excite varied audiences through writing. You are sharp, creative with the written word, and thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment. From one day to the next you might circulate the stories we have to tell to savvy social media readers, work with our team on a poverty reduction grants proposal to funders, or communicate the potential of biometric tech to academics.
What are your responsibilities?
- Quickly learn and stay up-to-date on various aspects of our organisation and be able to clearly and engagingly communicate these through social media and op-ed / blog posts.
- Write proposals that result in funding. Competition for funding is very high, and proposals will need to be of incredibly high calibre.
- Summarise our progress and project results for agencies including the UK Department for International Development, USAID, and the World Bank.
- Create and circulate press releases publicising our field deployments in order to generate media placements in national and international outlets.
- Collaborate with graphic designers to help communicate information with eye-catching graphics for both print and web media.
Where is this role going?
We are looking for candidates for a 3-month internship who can potentially take a long-term role on our team. This is a great opportunity for someone with the right skillset and cultural fit to join a fast-paced, start-up environment from its early days and take significant responsibility from day one. If you thrive with us and stay for the long-term, you’ll lead writing initiatives and grow your team. Simprints focuses on taking complex technology and making it available to some of the most challenging environments on earth, and we are looking for great communicators to help us do that.
What skills do you need?
You either have these skills, or you’re willing to learn them quickly:
- Excellent writing abilities. We work on exciting projects, and you need to convey this and generate enthusiasm in your audience.
- Ability to clearly communicate information from different disciplines to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to write with short turnarounds and stay at the forefront of a fast-paced environment.
- Eye for detail, and an ability to quickly edit your own and others' work.
- Understanding of grantsmanship.
- You love learning new things and can pick up new tools quickly.
- The best tool for the job won’t always be the most familiar tool.
- Detail-oriented. You understand the importance of the small things.
- If building technology for poverty alleviation sounds exciting, we want to meet you.
Salary and Perks:
- Unlimited vacation & flex hours
- Field work around the world
- Fun, fast-paced Scrum culture
- Monthly ‘Lego’ days where you can work on any project you want
- Free gym memberships
- Coolest office in Cambridge (it’s a 14th century castle!)
Start date: June/July for 3 months
Any issues submitting your CV and Cover Letter? Reload the page or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org