Build great technology that actually matters.
We are looking for an innovative developer who can transform how both specialists and non-specialists interact with Simprints’ open source technologies. You need a passion for technology and an ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and accurately. Your objective will be to increase Simprints’ potential for impact by making integration into new platforms and projects easy and intuitive for any NGO in the world.
What are your responsibilities?
- Ensure that the Simprints API is clean, simple, and well documented
- Create a beautiful website containing code examples, user workflows, and best practices for using the Simprints’ system
- Talk to our partners, discover their pain points and feed back into the development process
- Propose automation\continuous integration strategies to improve our deployment efficiency and robustness
Where is this role going?
We are looking for 3-month interns who are interested in potentially taking on a long-term role on our team. This is a great opportunity for someone with the right skillset and cultural fit to join a fast-paced, start-up environment from its early days and take significant responsibility from day one. If you thrive with us and stay for the long-term, you’ll take a broader developer role within the software team. Simprints focuses on taking complex technology and making it available to some of the most challenging environments on earth, and we are looking for a software developer to help us do that.
What skills do you need?
You either have these skills, or you’re willing to learn them quickly:
- Passion for open source technologies and tools
- Ability to explain complex concepts without relying on jargon.
- Highly capable at reading and writing complex code
- Interest in technical writing
- Passion for digging into user workflows
- Although not required, some experience in Android would be beneficial
- You love learning new things and can pick up new tools quickly
- The best tool for the job won’t always be the most familiar tool
- Detail-oriented. You understand the importance of the small things
- If building technology for global health sounds exciting, we want to meet you
Salary and Perks:
- Unlimited vacation & flex hours
- Field work around the world
- Fun, fast-paced Scrum culture
- Monthly ‘Lego’ days where you can work on any project you want
- Free gym memberships
- Coolest office in Cambridge (it’s a 14th century castle. For real)
Start date: June/July for 3 months
Any issues submitting your CV? Reload the page or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org