Build great technology that actually matters.
We are looking for a Project Officer who is skilled in eliciting the best out of the people and projects they oversee. You are sharp, deeply collaborative, a quick learner, and thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment. From one day to the next you might be developing a training curriculum for community health workers in the slums of Bangladesh, writing a scope of work for a client who wants to track cash transfers for refugees in Turkey, or coordinating the logistics of a four-person team to the remote hills of Western Nepal
What are your responsibilities?
- Oversee our projects from start to finish, including preparation of training materials for frontline workers and logistics for smooth on-the-grounds deployment.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of our technology.
- Quickly learn various aspects of our organisation and be able to clearly communicate these to several different audiences, from frontline workers to philanthropic donors.
- Manage deliverables of several ongoing responsibilities, such as scopes of work, project quote presentations, and client impact reports.
- Actively support our Content Writer and Graphic Designer on projects-related assignments, providing material for grants-writing and marketing initiatives.
Where is this role going?
We are for a 3-month internship that can potentially lead to a long-term role on our team. This is a great opportunity for someone with the right skillset and cultural fit to join a fast-paced, start-up environment from its early days and take significant responsibility from day one. If you thrive with us, you’ll lead projects of your own. Simprints focuses on taking complex technology and making it available to some of the most challenging environments on earth, and we are looking for passionate, driven project officers to help us do that.
What skills do you need?
You either have these skills, or you’re willing to learn them quickly:
- Understanding of (or willingness to quickly learn) technology for development. We work with partners in multiple sectors, and you need to be able to understand how Simprints adds value in different projects.
- Excellent communication skills. Internally with our team or externally with stakeholders, you will actively listen and convey expectations, plans, and outcomes effectively.
- Attention to detail. You will possess the critical eye to catch the little things that matter.
- High prioritisation and organisational skills. We expect quality work in everything we do.
- Problem-solver. You hear clients’ pain points and have creative ways to approach them.
- You love learning new things and can pick up new tools quickly.
- The best tool for the job won’t always be the most familiar tool.
- If building technology for poverty alleviation sounds exciting, we want to meet you.
Salary and Perks:
- Unlimited vacation & flex hours
- Field work around the world
- Fun, fast-paced Scrum culture
- Monthly ‘Lego’ days where you can work on any project you want
- Free gym memberships
- Coolest office in Cambridge (it’s a 14th century castle!)
Start date: June/July for 3 months
Any issues submitting your CV and Cover Letter? Reload the page or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org